DESIGN FOR SIX SIGMA TRAINING
The Definition of DFSS
Whilst the majority of our clients follow the usual industry practice of first applying the Six Sigma DMAIC project-based process improvement, before progressing to DFSS, for some organisations DFSS is a natural first stage. This is particularly true in low volume, high margin, high-risk businesses. Occasionally, clients wish to commence DFSS in parallel to starting Six Sigma, and whilst this may be a problematical approach, we can also help with programme strategy, planning, advice and training. We would be happy to discuss your specific requirements, but one good way of starting is our DFSS Evaluation Package, details of which are available on request.
The Need for DFSS
- What if you cannot improve your manufacturing or transactional processes adequately by removing unnecessary variation to meet the requirement? Then you need to do something about your product/service design!
- What about the design of new products and services? Can we reach Six Sigma level in their manufacture or delivery quickly and easily?
- For the areas ‘Improve for Six Sigma’ cannot reach!
- DFSS is about the design of products and services and the conjoint packages of both
DFSS Evalutaion Package
This consists of:
- A one-day consultancy visit to the delegate’s own organisation to evaluate and scope the requirement, provide local familiarisation training and form the basis for a written proposal report
- A written proposal/report suggesting implementation options, and
- A one-day briefing visit to the delegate’s organisation to explain the options, clarify issues and, where appropriate, agree implementation
Cost for overseas organisations £2950 plus visit travel costs plus VAT
Public courses are held at Sherwood House, Southwell, Nottinghamshire, NG25 0JH