GETTING STARTED WITH LEAN
The principles of Lean thinking were developed in manufacturing applications in Toyota after World War II. The methods were subsequently found to be universally applicable and were rapidly adopted by other Japanese and Western manufacturing and service companies and, more recently, the public sector.
This four-day Lean Course has been developed to assist delegates in their understanding of the key concepts of Lean and the pursuit of a Lean organisation, facilitating them to manage, support and lead Lean Transformation.
10% discount 2nd delegate 15% discount 3rd & subsequent delegates on same programme please contact us to arrange this discount!
Public courses are held at Sherwood House, Southwell, Nottinghamshire, NG25 0JH
Is it right for me?
Suitable for individuals who are:
- In organisations considering applying the Lean Enterprise approach and possible ISO18404 organisational certification
- Responsible to support/monitor the success of Lean improvement or business improvement projects of all types
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the nature and practical implementation of the Lean Enterprise approach and toolkit, and where ISO18404 fits in
- Appreciate corporate Lean Enterprise application, roles and responsibilities
- Know how to monitor and champion Lean improvement projects
- Undertake personally simple Lean improvement
What will it cover?
- The Lean Enterprise Approach & Why do it? • Application of ISO18404:2015
- Understanding advantages and constraints • Understanding possible objections
- Implementation needs
- Relationship to Quality Management and Six Sigma • The requirements of Lean Projects
- Roles and responsibilities
- The 7 Common Wastes
- 5S’s and Visual Management • Process Measurement
- Managing expectations of the programme
- Convincing others
- Facilitating and supporting the change agents
- Building positive relationships
- Planning the process